We believe the only way to make consistently wise decisions is through a comprehensive fee-based financial plan that fully addresses your goals.
Do you have well-articulated goals and objectives? What risks or concerns could get in the way of you achieving those goals and objectives? Are you on track with dollar specific, date specific goals? How do you know you are on track and how are you managing your resources?
By providing clarity on your goals, we position you in a way that offers you the best probability of achieving your objectives over a set time period, while decreasing your risk.
Financial Planning includes advice that addresses one or more areas of your financial situation, such as estate planning, risk management, budgeting and cash flow controls, retirement planning, education funding, investment portfolio design and ongoing investment management. Depending on your particular situation, financial planning may include some or all of the following:
- Gathering factual information concerning your personal and financial situation
- Assisting you in establishing financial goals and objectives
- Analyzing your present situation and anticipated future activities in light of your financial goals and objectives
- Identifying problems foreseen in the accomplishment of these financial goals and objectives and offering alternative solutions to mitigate that risk
- Making recommendations to help achieve retirement plan goals and objectives
- Designing an investment portfolio that aligns with your goals and objectives
- Providing estate planning and transfer of wealth
- Assessing risk and reviewing health, life and disability insurance needs
- Reviewing goals and objectives and measuring progress toward these goals
Once Financial Planning advice is given, you may choose to have Commonwealth implement your financial plan and provide Portfolio Management services. However, you are under no obligation to act upon any of the recommendations made by Commonwealth under a Financial Planning engagement and/or to engage the services of any recommended professional.
Our consultative process is designed to accomplish three things:
- Help you identify and make incremental steps toward achieving your short-term, mid-term, and long-term goals.
- Provide guidance, forecasting and planning recommendations throughout the year.
- Give you the fortitude to maintain your discipline regardless of changing market cycles.